top of page

asked questions

Here you may find questions typically asked and we have answered them here for you. If you still don't have a question that was not answered here, feel free to contact our office and we will be more then happy to help! 

  • What is a Public Adjuster?
    A Public Adjuster is a person / firm licensed to work on behalf of the policy holder in assisting them in insurnace claims. A Public Adjuster has a fiduciary responsibility to assist the policy holder and act faithfully and honestly.
  • How does a Public Adjuster get paid?
    Public Adjusters typicaly charge a fee such as a persentage of the claim or the replacement cost (RCV) of the claim. The fees range from 5% up to 15% and that depends on the complexity of the claim.
  • Whats the differnce between a contractor and a Public Adjuster?
    A contractor is a licensed builder; they are not licensed to work on insurance claims; they are not allowed to negotiate claims or interpret policies. Their specialty is more in the build-back of your property after a loss. A Public Adjuster can negotiate claims. Interpret insurance policies, fight for coverage, and more; they are licensed in this specific trade to maximize settlements.
  • Can a Public Adjuster act as a contractor?
    No, a Public Adjuster cannot take on the role of a contractor, but a contractor can be hired to assist in getting a quote, giving an opinion or the build back.
  • What is the difference between an Insurance Adjuster and a Public Adjuster?
    An Insurance Adjuster is a licensed Adjuster who works for your insurance company; they represent the interests of the Insurance Company. A Public Adjuster works directly for the policy holder representing your best interest and making sure that your loss is fully covered and paid for.
  • Is it to late to hire a Public Adjuster if my claim is closed?
    No, you can hire a public adjuster at any time. Typically a claim has two years to collect depreciation; but even if those two years have passed it is still not too late to hire a Public Adjuster.
bottom of page